How To Use Apikey Search:
By following these few instructions, you will be able to upload your collection or wishlist very quickly, including ALL necessary data, often the photo, and all the songs included.
Section 1) - Enable Fast Discogs API search Token.
If You are a Discogs registered user, you can use this API search and upload function.
1) Click "Authorize" button : this will send you to a Discogs Token Page. If you are not logged in Discogs , login.
2) In the Discogs Token Page click Again "Authorize" Button : this will send you back to this DISKAOS page.
3) Read Section 2) and start work.
The Token release is needed ONLY EVERY FIRST TIME you start to upload a list. But if you stop to work for some time , the token will expire.
In This case : Clear your Computer's cache ancd repeat the procedure described above.
Section 2) - How to search:
1) First try with the category number, which identifies the release in a unique way. Take care to write the category number EXACTLY AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE RELEASE.
2) If the search has not given good results , try artist and title as follows: Pink Floyd The Wall
3) you can refine the search by adding, for example, the country: Pink Floyd The Wall Italy ... this will return only releases related to this record printed in Italy.Once you have obtained a satisfactory result, select the release that is the same or most similar to yours, and if there something to change you can change it before saving.
For example, if you find the CD but you have vinyl, and you want to save as vinyl, before saving change the format from CD to vinyl, along with all data that are to be changed. Note that from CD to vinyl , either songs numeration has to be changed ... use A1, A2, A3 ... B1, B2 , B3 for vinyl, instead of 1,2,3 ... that usually is used for a CD.